Do you think that deep frying makes food limited because they seem to taste all the same? Not all people think this way in fact, there are some people who will only eat deep fried food because they love the taste of various food products when they are fried in a unique way. No matter what type of food is being cooked, deep frying can be one of the things that people have to do to create unique and important dishes.
If you have already decided to take a plunge and start with deep frying, you have to remember that you cannot just choose to do it immediately. There are some tips that you have to remember first before you can cook appropriately.
- Make sure that you will choose the right deep fryer for you. When you check out the selections that are available and even in your local store, you may be surprised to note that there are so many deep fryers that seem to offer so many features. Do not feel confused because the features are meant to make you feel like you are buying the best deal. Do your research beforehand so that you can make the right choice.
- One tip to remember when choosing the deep fryer is to not look for something that is too lightweight. In some items, the fact that it is lightweight can be considered a positive thing but in cooking, in choosing the right deep fryer, searching for something that is heavier can equate to the deep fryer being better.
- Choosing the right oil can be crucial. Do you believe that all oils are created equal? If you think this way then you are absolutely mistaken because some oils are meant for frying while others are not. If you think that olive oil is the best choice because it is healthier compared to other oils, remember that it is expensive and will not heat up as well as others. If you would like to deep fry food appropriately, better stick with peanut oil. If you want a healthier alternative, better stick to canola.
- Remember that your oil should not smoke enough that it looks like it is going to burst anytime. This is the reason why you might need a thermometer to keep track of your current temperature. Depending on the food that you are going to cook, you may appropriately choose the temperature. If your deep fryer has this feature, this will be better and easier for you as well. The more inconsistent your oil becomes, the lesser amount of times that you can use the oil.
- The water that may come from the food that you are going to deep fry will have a huge effect on how well your food will cook. For instance, if you are going to cook chicken and you have forgotten to pat dry it first before cooking, then you can already expect that the chicken will be harder to cook. This is also the same with the batter that you will place on the food you are going to fry. Too much batter can also be bad and may not help your food be cooked well.
- One of the biggest mistakes that people make when they deep fry is they salt their food first. This is not effective at all because you have to remember that salt can attract water which can of course affect how well the food can be deep fried. You would have to fry your food first before you can place the appropriate seasoning unless of course you have discovered a different way of cooking that will allow your food to be perfectly cooked even if you have seasoned it with salt and various spices beforehand.
- When frying you may want to make sure that you will have some tongs or at least a strainer that will allow you to remove the oil when you are cooking. The tongs will allow you to turn the food if in case they are stuck in one position. They will not be cooked evenly if they are not turned.
With these tips in mind, do you think that you are ready to start deep frying at home? You can choose the right deep fryer and start frying away.