Which is the best cheap air fryer? In this comparative review, we will consider best-rated air fryers from $70 to $100.
The air fryer technology allows you to enjoy your favorite fried snacks and food without the added calories. These machines cook to perfection a variety of menu items, from meat and seafood to vegetables and desserts with up to 70-75% less fat, and in 30 minutes or less. This is a reliable and healthy alternative to deep frying.
What to consider before buying:
1. Capacity. Most fryers have a volume of 3.7 quarts (3.5L or 12 cups) and this is quite enough for 2 or even 3 people. The 2-liter Black+Decker will satisfy all the needs of one person, and for a large family, the 5.8-Quart GoWISE USA is the best.
2. Controls. Of course, the cheaper the model, the fewer functions it has. The most minimal option: timer and temperature adjustment – both are installed manually and imply that you master some cooking skills. More advanced (and more expensive) option – preset cooking modes, usually come with a digital display.
Simple Chef Air Fryer - Air Fryer For Healthy Oil Free Cooking - 3.5 Liter Capacity w/ Dishwasher Safe Parts
- 30-minute standby timer;
- Temperature controls ranging from 180 to 400°F;
- Dishwasher safe non-stick basket and pan;
- Overheat protection;
- Dishwasher safe metal basket is coated with non-stick material;
- Includes a 15-page recipe book.
Simple Chef Air Fryer opens our chart of inexpensive, but high-quality fryers, which perfectly cope with their work. As the name implies, the device does not contain any excesses: only a timer, temperature control and two light indicators (power-on and heating). After cooking, the device beeps.
Nevertheless, the food cooked in this air fryer is just as delicious as in more expensive models. A small cookbook offers several recipes for a start. After that, you can experiment on your own or look for additional recipes on the Internet. Instructions are also very short, fortunately, this appliance is fairly self-explanatory.
- Is the most inexpensive, but quite durable
- 3.5 liters (12 cups) is a decent capacity
- Fairly simple to use
- 100% BPA free
- 30-day guarantee
- 8 presets featuring: warm, fries/chips, chicken, steak, shrimp, pork, cake, and fish;
- The digital screen allows you to set temperature from 170F to 400F and cook from 1-30 minutes;
- Has a dishwasher safe removable pan with a cool-to-touch handgrip and detachable basket;
- Indicator lets you know when cooking time has been reached. The timer will beep 5 times to let you know when your food is ready;
- Includes recipe book with 50 recipes specifically made for GoWISE USA Air Fryers.
GoWISE USA Air Fryer is another inexpensive fryer, which has very high ratings. Without a doubt, it’s worth its money – especially since it is one of the few (in its price range) equipped with a digital screen. Cooking presets is another reason to choose this air fryer – you do not have to dig into the recipes and worry that you have incorrectly set the temperature and cooking time. Of course, you can also cook your own recipes.
It’s dishwasher safe – the basket and the basket holder are the only parts that need to be washed after use. The basket is made of iron with non-stick coating. To prolong the life of the basket, the manufacturer recommends do not use a non-stick cooking spray but pour a little oil and spread with a paper towel.
- 8 different cooking presets
- Digital display is very convenient
- Has safety features: overheat protection, automatic switch off, and automatic standby mode
- Non-stick coating is quite durable (if handled correctly)
- Capacity 3.7 quarts is perfect for a family of 3
- You may choose from 3 colours: black, purple or white
- 1 year limited warranty
- 2-liter (about 8-cup) capacity;
- Adjustable temperature control from 0 to 400°F;
- 60-minute timer;
- Powerful dual fan convection system;
- Cool-touch handle;
- Non-stick pan, basket, and separator;
- Automatically shuts off once cooking is complete.
The smallest among the most inexpensive. What can you cook in it at a time: 2 potatoes, or 6-8 chicken wings, or 4 small chicken thighs, or 2 small burgers, or 2 chicken breasts.
This fryer does not take up much space on the shelf or countertop. With the basket empty, it weighs approximately 10 lbs – so it is easy to move on a counter or wash in a sink. However, basket and separator are both dishwasher safe.
The manufacturer is especially proud of non-stick coating, that is stable, inert and non-toxic. According to customer’s reviews, it is surprisingly durable and won’t peel off after a few months of use. But.. be absolutely sure, that 2-liter capacity will be enough for you, before buying this air fryer. Also be ready that it is a bit noisy.
- Is perfect for single portion
- Clean up is really fast and easy (even manually)
- Durable non-stick coating
- Easy to move and store
Secura 4 Liter, 4.2 Qt., Extra Large Capacity 1500 Watt Electric Hot Air Fryer and additional accessories; Recipes,Toaster rack and Skewers
4 used from $ 76.49
- 4-liter extra large basket;
- 60-minute timer;
- Temperature control from 180° to 390°F;
- Auto-shuto ff once cooking is complete;
- Durable non-stick coating;
- Accessories included: toaster rack & 4 skewers;
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Meet the largest conventional air fryer under $100 – 4 liters (4,2 quarts) is the decisive factor when you have to prepare food for a crowd. It’s really a budget choice for a big family. In the hot summer days, it will not heat up your kitchen (like some other models), in addition, it works quite quietly.
This air fryer automatically turns off when the time is out or when you open it. All needed parts are dishwasher safe, including rack and skewers.
A little upsetting that the manufacturer did not say a word about the non-toxicity of plastic – we can only hope and believe. It should also be noted that delivery can sometimes take several months, although most often it comes in a week.
And yet, if you need a fryer for a large family, we advise you to pay attention to GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer XL. Its price slightly exceeds one hundred dollars, but the advantages are undeniable. First, it has a large capacity (5.8 vs 4.2), digital display with 8 cooking presets, and higher temperature. Its non-stick coating is FDA-certified and it is also safer for a number of other parameters. Go to GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts Air Fryer »»
Avalon Bay Air Fryer, For Healthy Oil-Less Fried Food, 3.7 Quart Capacity, Includes Free Airfryer Baking Set and Recipe Book, Red, AB-Airfryer100R
6 used from $ 58.70
- 3.7 Quart capacity;
- Temperatures ranging from from 180 to 400°F;
- 30-minute timer;
- Baking set: non-stick baking dish and multi-use rack;
- Non-slip feet;
- Detachable basket for easy food transfer;
- 52-page cookbook.
This air fryer almost completely repeats the Simple Chef Air Fryer. More refined design and bright color, plus 2 additional accessories and an impressive book with recipes add about 30% to the cost. Safety features: automatical turning off with an audible alarm when the timer finishes.
This air fryer is pretty bulky, but the basket itself is small – it is 8.25” diameter and 4.5” deep and holds exactly one gallon of water. And it only cooks 4 chicken strips at a time.
Unfortunately, this model has issues with the timer – to scroll it, you need to make efforts, as a result, it breaks quite often. One more potential problem – the non-stick coating is easily damaged.
The good news is that Avalon Bay provides a full 3-month warranty. If this fryer does not satisfy you, you can return it without any unnecessary questions within a period of 90 days from the moment of receipt.
What is the best air fryer?
Below we will present you 5 air cookers, which are most often sold on Amazon. These products have an ideal price/quality ratio, which is confirmed by the choice of most buyers. This list is updated daily and could contain air fryers more than $100.
- [Multi-Functional and Versatile Air Fryer] Great for traditional French fries and onion rings, Cooks steak, roasted potatoes, vegetables and more. No oil smell, no splatter, no mess. This air fryer is perfect for frying, baking, grilling and roasting with little to no oil.
- [Industry Leading Dynamic AirFlow Technology]FrenchMay Air Fryer features Dynamic AirFlow Technology, the leading Air frying technology rapidly circulates hot air and provides uniform cooking. Rapid hot air circulation cooking system combine the fast and precise of air flow to make your French Fries crispy and looks great.
- Enjoy your favorite food without the extra calories. This air fryer allows you to fry, bake, grill, and roast with little to no oil. Make crispy fried chicken, steak, French fries, pizza and much more in one countertop appliance
- Sleek and modern look with advanced touch screen menu. Take the guesswork out of cooking with the built-in touch screen menu featuring 8 cooking presets: Fries/Chips, Pork, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp, Cake, Fish, and Pizza. Equipped with a wide temperature range from 180F to 400F in 10 degree increments and a cooking timer up to 30 minutes. This XL fryer can feed a family of 4 and more.
- The latest model of electric Air Fryer lets you enjoy your favorite foods without the added calories of oil.
- Touch screen accessibility to manually program cooking time, or select from 1 of 7 built-in smart programs: Chips, Meat, Chicken, Steak, Shrimp and Fish. A button guard prevents accidental detachment of the basket.
- Black electric air fryer; ETL certified
- 3.7 QT capacity
- The Secura 4-liter electric hot air fryer uses hot air in combination with high-speed air circulation
- Extra Large 4.0 liter basket, more capacity than most other air fryers. Create healthier food by using less grease in your cooking with the "hot air cooking" method
How does an air fryer work?
One of the newest kitchen appliances to hit the market, air fryers are all the rage in “healthy cooking” right now. But a name like “air fryer” begs the question: How does it work? To put it very simply, the appliance functions to circulate hot air around the food to, in a sense, fry it. The real explanation, though, gets a little more complicated.
Traditional methods of frying cook food by submerging it into hot oil. The temperature of the oil induces a chemical reaction between amino acids and the reduction of sugars that produces the distinctive flavor of browned foods, and produces the characteristic fried food most people have come to love. Alternatively, however, the air fryer coats the food in a very thin layer of oil. As it does so, it also circulates hot air at a temperature of up to 400°F (200°C) to exchange the necessary energy to initiate the same chemical reaction.
In so doing, the air fryer is also able to produce fried foods, including potato chips, chicken tenders, French fries, and even pastries. The big difference, though, is that the air fryer uses nearly 70 to 80 percent less oil than a traditional deep fryer.
Even a cheap air fryer typically comes with an adjustable temperature and timer knob to accommodate different techniques and produce more precise cooking. And in most models, the food sits in a cooking basket above a drip tray as it cooks. Much like with traditional frying, the food must be shaken periodically to ensure even coverage with oil, but some models are designed to naturally perform this task with a continuous agitator.
How healthy is an air fryer?
Air fryers are generally touted as a healthy (or at least healthier) way to prepare decadent foods like French fries, empanadas, and even some pastries. But just how healthy is an air fryer? Well, using a tablespoon of oil versus cups of the stuff to prepare food definitely has a pay off in terms of reduced fat and calories. And the taste and texture of the food are still relatively similar to that of traditionally fried foods, but consider these factors before going out and buying your first fryer.
According to research, some air fryer models may reduce the fat content in fried foods by up to 75 percent. This is because the air fryer may use as little as 1 tablespoon of oil while a traditional fryer may need 3 cups or more for the same recipe.
Likewise, some studies have suggested that swapping deep-fried foods for air-fried foods may actually support weight loss. Air frying reduces the amount of fat in foods, which also reduces calories – an important factor in weight loss.
Not only are deep-fried foods high in fat and calories, but they also may contain potentially dangerous compounds, such as acrylamide, that are produced in the frying process. Luckily, air-frying actually lowers the acrylamide content in the food by as much as 90 percent. So, when it comes down to it, air-fried food is likely much healthier than deep-fried food.
How to clean an air fryer?
Compared to deep frying, air frying is relatively clean. The cooking basket is encased in the appliance, which eliminates the splatter of fat, grease, and oil that is typical with deep frying methods. Likewise, the oil from the food cooking actually drips into a drip pan below the cooking basket to reduce mess. Nevertheless, regular cleaning and maintenance is important to maintain the proper function of your air fryer. You should clean your air fryer each time you use it using the following method.
- Unplug the air fryer and allow it to cool completely.
- Gently wipe the outside of the fryer with a damp cotton cloth.
- Rinse the pan, tray, and basket with hot water and dish soap. (Most air fryers have dishwasher safe removable components, so you can opt for this method.)
- Clean the inside of the air fryer by gently wiping it with hot water and a clean cloth.
- Remove any food that has gotten stuck to the heating element with a small brush.
- Allow all of the components of the fryer to dry completely before putting the fryer back together.
To avoid damaging your air fryer, do not use utensils or sharp objects to remove food that is stuck-on. All of the components of the air fryer are lined with a non-stick coating that may become scratched if you use utensils or tools other than a brush, cloth, or sponge.
If food has gotten stuck to the pan or basket, allow them to soak in hot, soapy water. Softening the food in this type of soak will make it easier to remove.
You do not need to clean the air fryer entirely between consecutive batches of food. Rather, wait until you have finished the final batch of food, and then clean the air fryer.
Why would you want to buy an air fryer?
It’s no secret that air fryers have recently taken the cooking world by storm, but many people are still left wondering if they’re all their cracked up to be. If that’s you, here are a few reasons you might want to be the next person in line to purchase your cheap air fryer.
Air fryers deliver pretty notable benefits when compared to deep frying. They use roughly 70 to 80 percent less oil, which reduces calories and fat content. So if you are someone who loves fried food but wants to eat a bit healthier, this is a great alternative.
These appliances are also relatively user-friendly. Most models have only a few parts and feature relatively self-explanatory controls to regulate time and temperature. Not only that, but you’ll also not need the huge container of oil you would if you were going for the traditional frying method.
An air fryer is also versatile. In fact, it has a wider array of functions than even the typical deep fryer. You can use it to reheat leftovers, cook frozen foods, roast meats, make healthier versions of your deep-fried favorites, and even make new variations of your favorite baked goods. Keep in mind, though, some foods are best made using their traditional cooking technique, so you’ll just want to try your hand at a few things until you get the hang of it.